Stewart Pinkerton

Default Why do the anti-ABX folks not deliver?

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 18:24:11 GMT, (ludovic
mirabel) wrote:

For the last two years I have been repeating that 1) there are
differences between components 2) they are audible to some and not
audible to others 3) explicitly, in those words and within te last
two weeks I repeated (see the (Why DBTs in audio do not..." July 25
posting) that talented or supertrained listeners such as Pinkerton,
Krueger, Clark and Greenhill's "golden ear" will still hear them even
when ABxing.

I am neither a talented nor a super-trained listener (whatever these
expressions are supposed to mean). I'm simply an experienced
audiophile, and one who's discovered (the hard way!) that *sighted*
listening is useless for distinguishing subtle sonic differences. Far
from Ludovic's risible claim that ABX somehow 'desensitises' the ear,
I've found that it is a much *more* sensitive test for subtle but
*real* sonic difference, than anything else I've tried in forty years
of audiophilia.

Unfortunately for Ludovic, there is *no* test which will reliably and
repeatably show sonic differences among 'audiophile' cables, because
they simply do not exist.