Posted to rec.audio.pro
JBI JBI is offline

Default free mp3 host, no registration?

On 4/16/19 3:44 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 4/16/2019 1:57 PM, JBI wrote:
US time stations came somewhat close to going off the air this year,
due to budget and other cuts.Â* My idea was to post a couple of samples
so folks might archive the data in the event the station does go off
the air.

WWV got a reprieve? I thought they were destined to shut down this year,
which would have been their 100th anniversary. One of the sounds of my
youth, and you could tune your guitar to the 440 Hz tone they broadcast
if you caught its once-an-hour cycle a couple of minutes after the top
of the hour.

I suppose it is a piece of aural history, if it actually becomes history.

I used to hear both stations WWV & WWVH when I had an antenna system.
The trick was to wait until propagation conditions were just right to
hear the simultaneous broadcasts.

With online SDR's, acquiring excellent signals from both stations was a
no brainer, then I used Audacity to mix and time match the stations
simultaneously, the way I used to hear them.

More than once in the past I used either WWV or CHU Canada to calibrate
receivers. I will miss the stations should they go off the air. As far
as I know, at least CHU still isn't going anywhere.