Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default TC VoiceLive 2 or Eventide H3000 for vocal?

Keoki wrote:
I removed the solder that the fellow put on the pads, and underneath, the two pads still don't have any continuity. As when I left the unit with him. (Except then the LCD worked.)

So the fellow did not trace the line why there's no continuity, apparently. He slapped a gob of solder on the pads, put the chip back wrong and charged a twenty. And that's "the" recommended place... :-)

Right. Did you tell him that you'd lifted pads on the thing before? If you
hadn't, he might not have known to check.

I'll point out that my bench fee just to look at something like this is
around ten times what you paid, so I'd say you did well. Take it back to
him, explain what happened and what you measured.