scottp

I grew up listening to records, and I listen to CDs too.
My rega table has plenty of top end, but it sounds different
than my CD player. It seems that alot on Analog CDs don't
sound real good to me, not all all mind you. Some early CDs
that were made from the analog originals sound pretty lifeless.

Its always a challenge to get all sources sounding good in
your system, and I think it is true that we are all going the a
specific sound we like.

The think the cartridge is a good way to change the tone
as well in a table.

Some material I think sounds better on my system on
the table some on the CD player, however I think the
quality of the recording is more important than the format.
I poor recording always sounds crapy.

HD dvd will be interesting, we get some more bit to play
with there.

Scott

TCS wrote:

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 18:08:37 GMT, Paul Stamler wrote:

Ah, but that wouldn't be the Audiophile Way. The Audiophile Way would be to
muffle the highs with a carefully-chosen cable so you can use the speakers
you just bought that have fantastic stereo imaging and bizarrely unbalanced,
shrieky tonal balance. The "imaging is everything" school of audiophilia has
been responsible for a lot of the nonsense in the audiophile world.

That, or they grew up listining to records and want their CD player
to sound the same.