Captain Howdy

Default Amps, more argument!

Then why give people faults assumptions, since most people do and will clip
their amplifiers and should expect to hear a difference between amplifiers
under these conditions even by Lester's and Mark's own theories. I could see
their point as being valid if clipping was abnormal or only occurred under
extreme conditions, which it does not. If fact by saying this, they are
saying that cheaper over-rated amplifiers will not sound the same as high end
amplifiers would, since high end amplifiers tend to preformed better when
being clipped and/or are less likely to clip at the same levels since
under-rated amplifiers would have more headroom. Making this argument totally
pointless to the average consumer, since none of these people have yet
recommend any amplifier and subwoofer setups that would totally avoid clipping
and yet yield enough power for optimum speaker performance.

In article 8hSUb.187516$5V2.971095@attbi_s53, "Paul Vina"
wrote:
None of this foolishness applies to any average car audio system or any
amp and sub recommendation that these people make.

I don't believe Mark or Les ever said whether it applies or not. Only that
unless you're clipping the amp, they all sound the same. The BOTH also
agreed that clipped amps do sound different from one another.

Paul Vina