Posted to rec.audio.car
jbclem jbclem is offline

Default using a car radio inside my house

If I'm understanding you correctly, I need a load on the +5v of the computer
supply or the +12v will be variable. Can you suggest, to a non-electronic
person, what (and how) I could use for a small load.

"gregz" wrote in message
.
"jbclem" wrote:
Are you referring to the +5v output from the computer power supply?

Would
that be used as a trigger voltage between the car radio and it's

amplifier?

"gregz" wrote in message

.
"jbclem" wrote:
I like the idea of using a computer power supply, and I have several

used
ones around.

No trigger, except a pin usually needs activated to turn supply on. The 5
volt usually needs a small load for the voltages to settle.

Greg