Posted to rec.audio.car
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default using a car radio inside my house

jbclem wrote:
I live in a bad FM reception area and I've noticed that my Blaupundt
Tucson (in my car) gets much better reception than my portable Tecsun
DSP radio. I'd like to hook up a Tucson inside my house and have to
figure out a power supply/converter for it. Being a tuner, it needs
an amplifier and I have some Blaupundt amplifiers that go with the
various Tucsons I have. But I don't know exactly what type/brand of
power supply I would need for running this setup of my house current.
Can someone give me some pointers towards figuring this out.

Radio shack and other places probably have power supplies for 12V devices, often
with a cigarette lighter jack. You could probably get away using a 12 V
"wall-wart" as long as it has sufficient amperage output.