Posted to rec.audio.car
Ignoramus30118 Ignoramus30118 is offline

Default Proper installation of a "fuse block"

On 2009-11-13, GregS wrote:
The FAQ probably tells you. There is a wire length limitation.
If its real close it may not need a main fuse. Whats
the chance of the fusebloc comming apart?
Too many fuses is not good.

I am done with a part of this work, which is attaching wire to battery
and getting it into the cab of the truck. Turns out there is a nice
place that s easy to drill and leads right into the cab.

I used military 10 gauge stranded nickel plated wire, crimped
terminals. Inside the engine compartment, the wire is protected by a
wire sleeve. In the area where the cable enters the cab, I put two
layers of heat shrink tubing to protect the cable from abrasion.

For now, inside I terminated the cable with female spade terminal.

I also made a distribution box from a 6 pole fuse block and a 12 pole
terminal block mounted on a piece of plywood. 6 poles of the 12 pole
terminal block are used to conduct the positive to the fuse block, and
six relaining poles are for negative. I have not yet installed this
distribution block. It will be covered.