Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Rockinghorse Winner[_6_] Rockinghorse Winner[_6_] is offline

Default Why are vacuum tubes still used in audio amplifiers instead ofsolid-state transistor

* It may have been the liquor talking, but
John L Stewart wrote:

anterm;930852 Wrote:
Some audiophiles say that the sound quality in vacuum tubes is better,
but I fail to see why, especially since vacuum tube electronics is an
older technology

Same odd reason some people prefer to ride a horse now & then! Not
difficult to come up with many other examples.

John

--
John L Stewart

I'm not particularly attached to *tubes* as I am to my tube amp, whose
musical qualities have thus far prevented me from buying any other amp
(including SS), for fear it will not be as good. I am not one of those who
'collects' amps - one at a time for me!

The only part of the technology I don't like is the heat, which in the
summer can be a problem. That is why I am considering getting a SS low
powered amp for especially hot days. If it is an improvement over my tube
amp, all the better.

*R* *H*