Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Audio Goodies Audio Goodies is offline

Default New Matched Quad Groove Tubes GT-6550C Tubes

On Aug 8, 9:42 am, Peter Wieck wrote:
On Aug 7, 10:53 pm, "maxhifi" wrote:

What factory makes these? They look strange for a 6550, with the plastic
base and all

Yeah.

These are in fact Chinese made.

Even as the seller, I would have to agree with Peters assumtion as to
the overall quality of the tubes (just to be honest).

I won't use them, but I'll tell it how it is, and let the free market
decide what their value is. I always thought of them as cheap plug-
in's. I guess they have value of some sort in that capacity.

How are you doing Peter? Long time no hear!

Kelly Molles
Napa, CA

Probably Chinese. Lots-O-Smoke and mirrors with the fancy labels and
so forth. But they are definitely rebadged to by/for GT, and my
(albeit very limited) experience with them is they source primarily
from China.

http://hereford.ampr.org/Tube4.php?tube=6550

calls out a Metal Sleeve on the base, but this is a 6550 "C"...
suggesting "cheap". I would guess that the $5 opening bid is about all
they might be worth in the end.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA