Ricky W. Hunt

Default When ripping an MP3...looks way clipped?

"Mondoslug1" wrote in message
So sometimes when I rip an mp3 from a commercial CD that I've bought.
I'll import into Nuendo or whatever & not do anything to it ... just look

at it
& there's nowhere to go...the region is flat on some and of course when I

check
the audio statistics peaks are at 0.00. What does this mean? That they've
compressed the sh*t out of it. Just asking, it doesn't sound clipped but
definitely looks it.

I ripped the Sony "100 years of Pop" (or something like that) and that was
VERY interesting to watch the levels increase over the years. By the time of
the last song (that "Jiggy" song by Will Smith) the waveform (zoomed all the
way out) was literally a solid rectangle. I thought something was wrong with
the graphic at first.