Arny Krueger

"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message

In rec.audio.tech Len Moskowitz
wrote:

Arny Krueger wrote:

Informed people now know that the world is not at all
exactly what we perceive naively. That solid object is
really composed of atoms and space-wise mostly vacuum.
The perception that component A sounds different than
component B could be due to differences in loudness,
timing or natural variations in the listener's state of
mind.

If there ever was a rationale for subjective opinion
columns, you've stated it quite precisely.

I don't think so. the key words are "listener's state of
mind". In truth, the listener's state of mind". is
unknowable. Subjective opinions are always unknowable. What
we get in audio subjective opinion columns is what the
writer wants us to believe about his state of mind.

Most people read them to find out about the state of
equipment, not the state of some journalist's mind. The
state of the writer's mind usually has a liberal dose of
intellectual noise.

If there ever was a rationale for ignoring subjective
opinion columns about components, he's stated that quite
well here too.

Exactly.

That Len didn't get that tells me a little something about
his ummm, state of mind. ;-)