Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default JGH Gets Shrill

"Steven Sullivan" wrote in message

Stereophile got loonier in the wake of 'The Absolute
Sound', which set the loony standard.

Agreed. I'm ashamed to admit that I had to invent ABX to wrest my mind free
from TAS's fatal grip.

http://stereophile.com/asweseeit/1107awsi/

I liked this bit of curmudgeonliness.

"JA:Judging by online forums and by the e-mail I receive,
there are currently three areas of passion for
audiophiles: vinyl playback, headphone listening, and
music servers. Are you surprised by this?

JGH: I find them all boring, but nothing surprises me any
more. "

Other than headphone listening, none of them are about improving sonic
accuracy. And headphone listening is too limited.