Posted to rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro,sci.physics

Default How can I tell music has been an MP3? Quantitative Measurement of Fidelity

In article ,
Keith G wrote:
Making crap sound louder on the radio at the complete expense of
quality is decades old.

Compressed audio like 'Classic FM' on a car radio works very well,
actually....

Transmitting material deliberately tweaked for a poor listening
environment is rather a two edged sword, though. The car radio could have
a compressor built in if that's the sound you want rather than inflicting
it on all listeners. Indeed part of the spec of DAB included such a device
although I've not known it be implemented.

My car radio will alter the level taking into account background noise,
though. And eq the speakers using the same microphone as sensor - if you
want. Haven't tried either yet as the mic isn't supplied as standard.

--
*Ah, I see the f**k-up fairy has visited us again

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.