Posted to rec.audio.misc
Tzortzakakis Dimitris Tzortzakakis Dimitris is offline

Default Turntable antistatic mat?

? "UnsteadyKen" ?????? ??? ??????
m...
Tzortzakakis Dimitris said...

The only problem is that the (new) one has become
dirty, is it safe to wash it with a mild detergent, with warm water,
manually?

Hi Tzortzakakis, I should think it would be fine. The only problem
would be making sure that it dries perfectly flat.

I've been using a mat made from anti-slip foamed mesh like this...
http://goo.gl/UAo0 but a cheaper version which cost 2 euros.
I just cut it to fit and fastened it to the platter with double sided
tape, it is pictured here...
http://unsteadyken.posterous.com/

It works very well grips the record and seems to reduce surface noise.

Well Tempered labs use it as well.

http://www.pearaudio.com/wt_amadeus.html

The first one cost 12 pounds, mine cost only 10 euros and has only "reloop"
printed on it, came in a plain transparent bag without any leaflets etc. I'm
very pleased with the Pro-ject, I'm even buying brand new records (!) in our
local music shop, I got Frank Sinatra and Beach Boys, I even got 2 Megadeth
records! I must also check my stylus... But after I pay my insurance
(Ortofon OM 5B). I have the Cambridge Audio 540 P Phono Pre amp and the 340
A SE amp and Mordaunt-short Avant 904 i speakers (specially bought so my
niece who is 3 1/2 years won't upturn them).

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering