Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,rec.audio.tech
Paul[_21_] Paul[_21_] is offline

Default Typical first pass tutorial process on Windows 10 where NONEof the extent how to articles actually tell you what you really need to do!

Arlen Holder wrote:
Typical first pass tutorial process on Windows 10
where NONE of the extent how to articles actually
tell you what you actually really need to do!

Here's what happened...

1. I read this post about an hour or so ago on the a.c.f newsgroup:
o The nice thing about Audacity
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.comp.freeware/S1IXPT3xk7g
Which says this one line:
"It can record the music from a youtube live stream."

2. Being infinitely curious about all tool functionality, I tried
Audacity but failed even after reading a dozen web tutorials.

snippage

Win+R ms-settingsrivacy-microphone
Turn everything on that you can.

"Allow desktop apps to access your microphone"

+-------+
| | X | "On"
+-------+

Audacity is a desktop app of the Win32 persuasion,
rather than a Metro one.

You also need that when doing things like WebRTC video
conferences with a web browser, as that is a desktop application.

*******

My Win10 20H2 was missing Stereo Mix.

What an adventure.

This recipe was spot on. And you have to be careful, if you slide in
even one extra reboot at the wrong time, you have to go back and
do the previous step again :-/ The name of the UAA item is changed,
it's "High Definition Audio Controller", driver incl. hdaudbus.sys
and that's how you know it's the right one. I had two Device Manager
entries and disabled/uninstalled both as described here.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/m...r-wont-install

Some pictures.

https://i.postimg.cc/g0WdQhnf/audio-fix.gif

Name: 0008-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R281.exe === Realtek driver used
Size: 217553063 bytes (207 MiB)
SHA1: 2404B101CA214BCB2E9970DB528180FBF888B30E

Paul