Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Stearns Frank Stearns is offline

Default Followup: Dealing with the TV Audio Signal Path

"William Sommerwerck" writes:

I assume you're familiar with this, but I'll mention it anyhow...

It's been my experience that performers play around 1dB to 3dB louder (at
peaks) during the performance than they do during rehearsal.

Yup. Multiply that by 90 singers and 25 instrumentalists and you've got some serious
SPL. g

One nice thing about 24 bit digital is the nice big dynamic window. If (in my
old-timer's mind) the visualized mechanical VU only hits a -20 most of the time, no
worries. Lots of room for the 20 dB peaks!

And I'll be watching the comp's GR for the tv feed.

Thanks for the reminder,

Frank Stearns
Mobile Audio