MZ

I'm unclear on where he's mounting it. But if the space is over the Vas
of the driver, then it's free air, no? I'm not really sure what's to be
gained by his mounting setup though, but I don't really understand it
anyway.

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Brandonb wrote:

What you're proposing isn't really "free-air". WIth the board completely
covering the tire well it will still act as an enclosure with the
sides/bottom being metal instead of wood or fiberglass. The volume of
the wheel well will probably act more like a large sealed enclosure as
I'm sure it will be more than the .66-1.0 ft^3 for a sealed that I
believe those 10" L5s prefer.

Brandonb

Branden Nelsen wrote:
I have a Kicker S10L5 (Old style, not the new *bling!bling!* version) I'm
thinking of doing an install in my new car that is a "Free air" box. I know
the old Kicker Solo's were Free air subs. Does anyone know how well the new
L5's fair in a free air type enclosure?

*enclosure thoughts* I have a 99' BMW 528i, im going to remove the spare
tire and floor in trunk, place a board over the floor and drop the sub into
the wood with no side or bottom to the enclosure, just the top of the box
that is the new "trunk floor" board. It will be a Stealth install into the
trunk.

Thanks for your time.
-Branden