Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W Phil W is offline

Default Can't get system sounds through my Presonus 18/10

Mike Rivers:
On 11/1/2019 1:37 AM, geoff wrote:
You'll need a regularWindows device driver as well as the ASIO one which
Reaper is presumably accessing. Configure in Control Panel for your
Presonus device assuming it is visible there (ie the is Win driver).

PreSonus provides their own ASIO driver so there should be no need to use
ASIO4ALL. I don't now anything about Windows 10 but a suitable Windows
driver should have been installed when running the PreSonus setup - the
same routine that gives you the interface's mixer control panel.

It´s pretty safe to assume, a Windows driver is there. Unfortunately, my
personal experience with various Presonus interfaces tells me, it´s also
pretty safe to assume, that at least one driver in the package is junk and
does not work as it should - either on Windows or the blessed holy grail
called MacOS X. The hardware may be okay, but beware of the software junk
that comes with it.

Try re-running the PreSonus installation. Usually along the way, it asks
if you want to use this device (the 18/10) as the Windows sound device.
Your answer should be "yes."

You might try going to the Windows Device Manager, assuming there's still
one in Win10, look at the Sound section and remove whatever it thinks it
wants to use, then reboot.

The device manager is still there, just like the old system control panel -
it´s just not as easy and directly accessible as before. Simply search for
"control panel" and it will show up as a result.

If that screws anything else up, you can always re-run the PreSonus
installer.

which probably screws itself up, leaving the desperate user in an endless
loop of retrying to do everything correctly but still not getting anywhere
near a usefully working system.