Posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff@work

Default How safe operating an amp with no fuse?

wrote in message

fuse bridge. Although honestly, I think your doomsday scenarios are a
little far fetched and unlikely to occur (ie.: were talking about
equipment thats over 25 years old; if there was a defect in production,
I think 25 years is enough to flush it out!),

Um, equipment faults are not usually 'defects in production'. They are also
anomolies that can develop of time as components age, mis-use scenarios
stress components over time, a sudden mis-use scenario occurs, or some
external agent causes the equipment's integrity to be compromised.

If these things weren't possible we wouldn't need fuses or CBs in power
switchboards either..... hey, now THATs an idea - let's bridge those out
too - should sound SO much better !

Again, none of this is rocket science,a nd is well understood by most kids
by the time they leave school....

geoff