Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default How safe operating an amp with no fuse?

Per Stromgren wrote:
On 24 Jan 2006 11:55:29 -0800, wrote:

What I'm still unsure about is:

- What is the exact risk involved of changing the rating of a fuse (in
my case, 1.6a 125v for a 500mA 250v)?

- What is the exact risk involved in using solder wire instead of the
original fuse and its filament wire? (Seems to me the solder would burn
at an even lower temperature,

- Would a transformer damaged by the absence of the original fuse be
audibly apparent before leaking currents and creating a risk of shock?

It seems that you do not know why fuses are used and how they work.
Both my early teen kids know. You must either be a troll, less than
13, or very ignorant.

Considering the fact that you can't explain how or why silver solder
would not do as a replacement fuse, or anything else to support
whatever the hell you're supposed to be asserting, maybe you need to
have your kids explain how fuses work to YOU. You're the one who is
either a troll or very ignorant. I don't need your condescending web
links, gaychub. I didn't claim to be an expert on fuses. Why do you
suppose I came here asking questions on the subject, you stupid
****wad? Nor did I come here to be condescended to be having idiots
simply repeat what they read on circuit board stickers, while they
understand NOTHING of the subject.

There are warnings on tags on mattreses too. You mindless trolls are
probably afraid to remove those too, without understanding why exactly
they are there. Me, I have no tags on my mattresses, as Im not a
mindless fool like you and your ****wad friends who appear to know
squat about audio.

If you really, really, are serious (which most of doubt, it seems) you
can read about it he
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...tt/elect16.htm

Per.