Scott Gardner

Default problem getting auxillary inputs to work

On 27 Mar 2004 22:57:49 -0800, (Ryan) wrote:

I have a Pioneer DEH-P3500 that was installed a couple of months ago
with basic RCA cables plugged into the AUX port of my head unit. I
have a Y-adapter that converts the RCA into a 1/4" headphone jack so
that I can plug in an iPod, laptop, etc.

Unfortunately, I get no output from the unit. The auxillary device is
plugged in correctly, and is at full volume, so there isn't a problem
on that end. I've tried for days and would like to get this working
without taking it back to the shop that installed it, but I'm thinking
that I will have to.

Any ideas from you helpful people would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan,
The DEH-P3500 doesn't come with an AUX input, so I'm not sure
what you're referring to as the "AUX port" on your head unit. To make
that head unit work with an auxiliary device such as a laptop or an
MP3 player, you need a converter, either part number 130CDRB10 or
130CDRB20, to convert the CD changer port on the back of the deck to a
pair of RCA inputs.
Is your Y-adapter cable plugged directly into RCA jacks
located on the back of the deck? If so, that's your problem, because
those aren't inputs, they're outputs.
Let us know specifically what you're Y-adapter is plugged
into, and we'll get it straightened out.

Scott Gardner