Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ben - TheStudioRI.com Ben - TheStudioRI.com is offline

Default Behringer 2000 audio patchbays?

On Mar 16, 11:39 am, (hank alrich) wrote:
Ben - TheStudioRI.com wrote:
Well, it certainly has a greater frequency response.

When is the last time you put some mic cable on a bench and ran
frequency response tests on it? Any basic intact mic cable has response
so far beyond our hearing it's not even funny. So what you're hearing
with those cables is an alteration of the sound, and one you cannot
adjust. If you want to tweak "air" I suggest the Speck ASC EQ, which has
a lovely top band.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam

so, you're telling me that by using more pure conductors, you're not
getting a better overall top end, more defined with less smearing?
Maybe frequency response was not the proper term I should have used,
but I would certainly not suggest that the sound would be hyped as
with using an EQ to add air. I own a pair of Zaolla mic cables. At
$230 a pop, they are not cheap, but the sonic difference between those
cables and a standard $30 mic cable CANNOT be achieved by compensating
with EQ. Lord knows I've tried lol.

p.s. sorry mike If it's a consolation, I bought a patchbay today
lol.