Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Behringer 2000 audio patchbays?

On Mar 15, 12:56 pm, "Ben - TheStudioRI.com"
wrote:

I didnt know if there were different metals that the bay would be made
out of. different alloys can conduct better than others.

Well, as far as I know, they don't make patchbays with silver jacks,
and that's about the only conductor that really makes a difference
(however slight). Jacks that are bright plated are less prone to
corrosion, and that's a good thing.

.. much in
the same way different mic cables can sound different,

There's one audio company (and probably a bunch of audiophile
companies) that makes cables with silver plated wire, but mostly the
reason why mic cables sound different, if they sound different at all
(and please, let's not go there now) is because of differences in
capacitance between conductors or between conductor and shield.