Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ben - TheStudioRI.com Ben - TheStudioRI.com is offline

Default Behringer 2000 audio patchbays?

On Mar 15, 10:18 am, "Mike Rivers" wrote:
On Mar 15, 11:05 am, "Ben - TheStudioRI.com"
wrote:

I was at GC last night and saw that the Behringer pro 3000 was selling
for $50 each. I almost bought 3 of them, but I was unsure of the
sound quality.

Patchbays, like any other connector, don't have a sound when they're
working properly. When a plug falls out, that can affect sound
quality. If a jack or switch contact gets dirty, that can affect sound
quality. It's just like anything else with a connector on it.

The difference between a good patchbay and a poor one is how soon
things start to give trouble. But if there's a problem, it will be
obvious. You can either ignore it, fix it, or replace the faulty part.

I didnt know if there were different metals that the bay would be made
out of. different alloys can conduct better than others... much in
the same way different mic cables can sound different, I wasn't
completely sure if the same held true for cheaper patchbays. Glad it
doesnt!