Posted to rec.audio.pro
Agent 86 Agent 86 is offline

Default Behringer 2000 audio patchbays?

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:36:01 +0100, HKC wrote:

When the jacks wear out on the cheapie, if you haven't changed anything on
the back panel in six months, it's time for a real patch bay.

Or another cheapie, you can buy 5-6 cheap ones for the price of one with
solder lugs. The problem with the jack ones is the actual jack plugs. You
have to calculate with buying 48 stereo jacks when you buy your first
cheap patchbay which will cost you as much as the actual unit itself.

I thought someone had told me the Behringer patchbay had sets of 4 jacks
mounted on circuit cards, so you could only replace them 4 at a time, and
only with parts purchased from Behringer or scarfed from a similar unit.
What brand do you have, and is it different from this. My thought was if
you could replace the jacks one at a time with Switchcraft as they went
bad, it could be a pretty reasonable deal. Not as good as a longframe
unit, but more cost effective for a lot of applications.