Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Default Sibelius and Finale

I'm not close to the industry, but my brother is a composer. Last I
knew he favored Finale. I had the impression Finale was the standard.
Perhaps things have changed.

I was googling around to see whether there was any engraving work, and
the ads that specified mandated experience with Sibelius. The buzz
has always been getting going with Sibelius is quicker, while there
are simply things you're not going to be able to do unless you have Finale.

I'm a Finale guy ever since it was shipped on a single floppy disk.
Certain core aspects of it haven't changed since then. Only about
a year ago they claimed to have re-written everything in an object-oriented
style, but the interface hasn't changed much.

Once in while I download a Sibelius demo and don't get far enough
to make a fair comparison.

I'm just wondering if the industry is making the change to Sibelius
and whether that's driven by accessibility or capability.

Tobiah