Posted to rec.audio.pro
gray_wolf gray_wolf is offline

Default Sound Of Bipolar Junction Transistors

On 10/14/2017 11:44 PM, geoff wrote:
On 15/10/2017 1:52 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 8:34:58 PM UTC-4, gray_wolf wrote:
On 10/14/2017 6:50 PM, geoff wrote:
On 15/10/2017 6:50 AM,
wrote:

The phono cartridge preamp I made used (2) Op-Amps per channel, via Walter
Jung's design. Even published in (defunct) High Fidelity Magazine. Impressive.

Jack

The 741 Cookbook ?Â* Yum.

geopff

Jung's work was later than the 741. I was using the LF365 and such in some my
projects back then.

Understood. I forget Op-Amp number, but 4 digit, like 7334 or something like
that.

5534 ?Â* Still current.
Much earlier, maybe later 60's early 70's, I purchased the world's very first
IC power amp. Strange physical configuration, may a couple Watts RMS (mono).
Never did anything with it.

Jack

Sanken hybrid ? 20W of grunge IIRC.

geoff

ca 1972 RCA had a thick film hybrid HC2000 that was rated at 100 Watt output
into 4 Ohm load. My parts rep got me a couple of engineering samples to play
with. Neat idea but wasn't quite what I needed.