Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default ok, what about a monitor speaker (or two)... UPDATE

On 1/03/2018 5:33 AM, JBI wrote:
On 02/28/2018 07:14 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 2/28/2018 1:05 AM, JBI wrote:
I just got done building a hum reducer circuit that goes in series
with AC ground.Â* Works like a charm and I don't have to worry about
possibly negating audio if I had gone that route.

Your hum problem is fairly common and it's caused by hum on the ground
of the computer being carried to the speaker through the cable shield.
What is this magic circuit? I have a little sealed plastic lump from
Ebtec called "Hum-X" that appears to have a couple of diodes in it
that sometimes solves this problem.

There were two possibilities:

http://sound.whsites.net/earthing.htm

http://circuitcellar.com/cc-blog/fin...-ground-loops/

just as well you are in 110v land. Would be incredibly illegal in
220/230v countries that require higher standards. As would be a
ground-lift adapter.

geoff