Bruce Abrams

Default center channel advice

"Pat Wilson" wrote in message
news:cdqEb.146275$_M.717525@attbi_s54...
The rest of my system - THOUGH SUBJECT TO CHANGE (today I think the
best place to start is with a good center channel and build from
there.. though that is a debate for another day and one that many
probably wouldn't care to debate anyways) I have a Denon AVR 1602, a
"cyberhome" DVD player, the rear channels are Sony SSMB's (not for
long, though), and the front channels are not any brand because they
are self-built containing an 8" Audax woofer and a ribbon-type tweeter
with a HF attenuator knob (built-in to the network). As you can see
kind of a patchwork (the dispaly is a 20" CRT)

The bottom line is that ultimately you should be striving to have the tonal
balance of the main speakers be consistent with that of the center channel.
Making a blanket recommendation for a center channel in a vacuum is
therefore, akin to asking someone to recommend a speaker. I'd suggest that
settle on a budget, listen around to decide what you like within your budget
and then buy.