Bruno Putzeys

Default center channel advice

The center channel should match as closely as possible the other two front
speakers. If there is no video monitor in the way (unlikely) you could
simply buy a third speaker of the same brand/type you're using left and
right. This would be the absolute optimum. This is why some people use an
"acoustically transparent" (sort of...) projection screen - to allow them to
put 3 floor-standers behind it.

Many speaker companies also have a "center" version of their main speakers,
which is basically the same acoustic design in a low-profile construction.
See if the manufacturer of your main speakers has such a thing.

"Dan Jensen" wrote in message
In starting to build a new system, my current system lacks only a
center channel.

What are your opinions regarding a) Klipsch (RC-35) versus b)
Definitive Technology (ProCenter C2)

I like the sound of the Definitive, however my gut seems to go with
the Klipsch. Apparently there are those that think the Klipsch sounds
bright - though maybe my ears did not agree with this.

Although the Defenitive seems to be more detailed, etc., it seems with
the Klipsch I hear less of the speaker and more of the movie, music,
etc. Before I jump off a bridge some feedback would help. Thanks