C.J.Patten

Bingo. Tom got it.

In addition to the music gigs, in my other job, I wear a pilot's hat and
size plays a role there too.

If I can stuff all of my audio, video and notebook gear in my overnight bag,
it means I have more *opportunities* to use it that I wouldn't with bulkier
gear. Good example: stock footage of airport traffic.

I'm liking the Church audio mic-pre... inexpensive and portable.

Chris

"Henry Padilla" wrote in message
m...

You're killing me. What part of "I don't stealth" are you not getting?

If I understand what CJ does correctly: These bands hire him to videotape
them at gigs and then they can sell the videos at other gigs. They are
valid, legal, out-in-the-open tapings.

It's just, like me, CJ doesn't have the resources nor the man-power to lug
100 pounds of recording equipment to these things. He got to stay
versatile and ready to case the band around.

Not stealth - just compact and versatile. If it were the size of a
lunchbox I'd be fine - as long as I could sling it over my shoulder and
chase the bride and groom.

Tom P.