Pooh Bear

"C.J.Patten" wrote:

Looked at the Beringer... nice unit (especially at that price) but it's not
a practical option.

I don't "stealth" .. but I do "run and gun"... so "stealth" type gear is
what I'm stuck with.

"All mini-jack mic inputs suck" is a pretty sweeping statement. Can you
provide some sources to back that up?

Try 'wiggling' one and listen to the crackles and audio break up !

Looking at this from the opposite direction: are there small, powered stereo
mics that would work well with a line input? Here's a link to a mic I've
used with an MD recorder with excellent results at a rock/jazz gig:
http://tinyurl.com/8tg4f

The Edirol looks like a gorgeous alternative to the MD's - I don't think I
can shell out the greenbacks for it - but it's got 1/8" mic/line ins.
Comments?

It's not 1/8" ;-)

It's 3.5 mm.

Graham