Brent

"George Gleason" wrote in message
C.J.Patten wrote:
Howdy. Looking at MiniDisc and flash based recorders.

Do all MD recorders have mic-preamps on their audio inputs?

Thanks,
Chris

you want to be sure you can manually set record level
many consumer MD recorders use auto level setting which makes loud music
quiet and quiet music loud
it really kills the dynamics of the recording
George

I assume you're speaking of the decks and not portable units. My portable
MD recorder (MZN-505...around 4 years old I think) has adjustable input
volume as do all the others I've ever had my hands on. I think the auto
level was the default on it, but mine doesn't default back to that once you
change it like the newer ones apparently do from the other responses.

Also....Todd H. over on alt.guitar.bass put together a nice site with
information on recording with a Creative Nomad Jukebox. You can find it
he http://www.toddh.net/music/njb/ Good source of info. There's also a
nice thread on the subject he http://tinyurl.com/ammb7 .

Brent