BBB

Default High effecany mid/high power 2 ohm sub??

Thanks for the suggestions!

The subs from edesignaudio look good(good $ too). I like the idea of buying
from the manufacture. The IDmax seems to be held in high regards within the
group. I don't know with the price difference if its worth it?

Depending on weather I get some good mid bass drivers, I may consider a sub
like the Shiva, with very low freq response (it will be installed in a Buick
regal, HUGE trunk). My home system goes low. I noticed that most subs aren't
rated to go very low. Is this because their roll-off combined with the car
transfer function results in a more flatter response? Or would I need a sub
with a -3dB pt at 15-20Hz to eq the system flat? Or am I missing something
all together here, does the box/sub combo extend the response pass
manufactures spec?

I guess my overall goal is to have a flat system response down to 15-20Hz
with the ability to turn it up on occasion.

My plans....

I just bought 2 Stinger speaker level to RCA level converters. I plan on
keeping the factory deck. The converters will send signal to 3 Pionner
Premier amps GMX-822, GMX-424 and GMX-412. I plan on using the 4ch amp (424)
to power the component set, possibly bi-amp if I can find a cheap elec
crossover. I will use the big 822 to power a 2ohm sub (aprox 900W). The
small 2ch (412) will be used for rear fill or mid bass drivers. I want to
keep things stelth, so you won't know there is a stereo unless you turn it
up or open the trunk. Also I plan on adding an fm modulated CD changer.

I have my fingers crossed, I don't know what to expect, CD transmitted in FM
to the factory deck to level converts to power amps???

Hope it dosn't sound like ****!

Thanks,
Brent