Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.tech

Default Vinyl to CD on a PC

In article ,
Eiron wrote:
If you're going to use such software the quality of the sound card
becomes pretty meaningless.

Not necessarily. After declicking, I compared the result to the original
by subtracting one from the other and the result was silence with an
occasional click. This proved that it has no adverse effects.

Could be. In my experience they work ok on a disk that just has normal
surface noise that I'd accept anyway. On poor discs I don't like what they
do.

Can't say anything about noise reduction, except that it is unnecessary.

Of course for many the removal of any hiss is vital. It isn't for me if it
existed in the first place - as with near all analogue recordings.

--
*How much deeper would the oceans be without sponges? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.