Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Vinyl to CD on a PC

"Glenn Richards" wrote in message

My middle-aged PC (Athlon 700 / 256Mb / 30 Gig) has no sound card and I
want to buy one. I also want to transfer some of my favourite vinyl to
CD. Can I do this with a basic soundcard + software or would I do
better to buy a more advanced soundcard maybe with its associated
software?

Sound card - pretty much anything if you just want to get pings and chimes
when you get new emails.

If you want higher quality go for a USB external sound card such as
Creative Extigy. This keeps sensitive audio circuits away from
electrically "noisy" PC hardware.

**Really? Noisy? I measure in excess of 100dB S/N with my Audigy. How much
better will an external sound card be? How much more is necessary?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au