Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.tech
trackermusic trackermusic is offline

Default Vinyl to CD on a PC

Check to see if there is a built in soundcard on your motherboard. An easy
way to check would be to look behind the computer case and see if you have 3
audio jacks (line in, line out, mic).
You can transfer your vinyl's to cd with any soundcard. I have an onboard
ac97 soundcard on my motherboard that I use. It supports 44khz 16bit stereo,
which will give you cd quality sound.You can find info on how to do it he

http://www.pcabusers.net/vinyllp/vinyllp.htm

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

My middle-aged PC (Athlon 700 / 256Mb / 30 Gig) has no sound card and I
want to buy one. I also want to transfer some of my favourite vinyl to
CD. Can I do this with a basic soundcard + software or would I do
better to buy a more advanced soundcard maybe with its associated
software?

Thanks for any info.

John Smith.