Posted to rec.audio.tech
TimPerry

Default solid state vs tubes?

"tai fu" wrote in message
So is there any difference between using tube amps for listening to music
than solid state?

very little: you have to wait for the tubes to warm up.

I heard there were a bunch of double blind tests and
people could not tell the difference.

im sorry for the blind people

I know there is a huge difference when
it comes to guitar amps because tubes distort differently than solid

state,
but now we're talking about within the amp's headroom, is there a
difference?

are you serious or just want to stir the pot? this is not a valid question.
there are plenty of differences involving cost, size, weight, reliability,
safety, RFI/EMI immunity, susceptibility to microphonics, and design to name
a few.
subjective differences could be debated forever... and ever