Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

Default Compromises in media production

On Tuesday, 7 October 2014 19:34:33 UTC+2, John Williamson wrote:
On 07/10/2014 15:57, William Sommerwerck wrote:

"John Williamson" wrote in message

At the very best, it would look as if the performers were behind a

window.

Even in 3D?

Until they find a way to project a 3D image onto thin air, yes.

The closest I've heard about is a decent headmounted VR set. The new

Rizzo? is reckoned to be close enough for training emergency service

operatives, but that gets its input from a CGI generator, not cameras.

--

Tciao for Now!

John.

I think it was 1990, at the 1st, or 2nd floor of Eifel Tower, I saw a 3D
holograph projection in the air.
It was all "green and air transparent", though.