Fletcher

Default Matched Pair of Neumann mics?

Dieter Ossenberg wrote:

The salesperson told me that tolerances in Neumann mics are
so close that there is no need to have a specially matched pair

Their tolerances are 'close enough' and the resolution of their amplifiers
will cover any differences that are left.

and that
Neumann charges an extra 120$ to do that.

He's full of ****... they don't "match" them period... at least for US
distribution they don't.

So, what is your opinion on a stereo pair for acoustic fingerstyle
guitar?

A pair of KM-184's? Eh. I wouldn't... I've become a huge fan of both the
Josephson C-42MP [which is a factory "matched" set] and the T.H.E "KP-6M"s
in that application. Both seem a bit less strident to me than the KM-184's,
and both are less expensive than a pair of KM-184's [at least in the US they
are...]

Best of luck with the search.
--
Fletcher