Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Old Mackie CR 1604 vlz .... ribbon cable problems?

On 3/11/2018 4:16 PM, Ron C wrote:
The desk I normally use for my Halloween stuff seems to have been
taken out by one of my cats. [Long uninteresting story]
Anyway, I pulled out my old Mackie CR 1604 vlz to fill in.
Seems that board suffers from that ribbon cable oxidation
problem that I seem to recall was common to them.

Two questions:
[1] Can I still get replacement ribbon cables for that board?
( ...and if so , where? )

[2] I'm thinking about getting a Mackie ProFX16v2 to fill in
for the dead desk and the sick CR 1604...

Has Mackie solved the ribbon cable problem in the new board?
~~
Note: I'm mostly retired from sound stuff, and just do simple
hobby level holiday stuff.

If the problem is tarnishing of header plugs/sockets, a squirt of Caig
Deoxit and a few in-out insertions should fix it.

geoff