ludovic mirabel

Default Why DBTs in audio do not deliver

(Bob Marcus) wrote in message ...
(ludovic mirabel) wrote in message news:C7kOa.128448$R73.15582@sccrnsc04...
(Dick Pierce) wrote in message et...
(ludovic mirabel) wrote in message news:n7IKa.24750$Bg.13287@rwcrnsc54...

The topic is: "Does ABX work for comparing high-end components?"

Yes.

It works because it's a test of *hearing*, and anyone who understands
how our hearing works (which ought to include any medical
professional, but perhaps I'm being presumptuous here) knows that our
hearing works independent of the *kind* of device making the sound we
are hearing.

If you know different, please tell us.

bob

"WE" have made an important contribution to psychometrics,
understanding of philosophy, acoustics etc. "WE" are not
"presumptuous" one little bit. It just is not in our nature. Either
"we" make sense or "we" don't.
"ABX is a test of "hearing" and "Hearing works independent(ly) of the
"kind" of device making the sound..."
A few carping ABXers may object that a "test of hearing" has been
known and practiced for years under the humble name of "hearing test"
and that their beloved ABX involves also BRAIN functions we know
little about; like for instance a cortical centre for MUSIC
processing.
Others might say that a defence lawyer produces "sounds" and is
followed by a prosecutor doing the same. The juries and the judge then
compare the respective sounds for difference/preference and if they
find none the defendant walks
Language- what's that?
Ludovic Mirabel