Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tom Evans Tom Evans is offline

Default Best digital music recording program

On 2014-12-06 19:30:57 -0800, flatfish+++ said:

On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 14:17:00 +1300, geoff wrote:

On 7/12/2014 8:57 a.m., Orlando Enrique Fiol wrote:

Most of these 'sounds' are EXTERNAL to the core DAW itself, and are
third-party plug-ins which can be added to, replace, or deleted.

geoff

Here is a thread in GS discussing "sounds"...
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/musi...endations.html

Thanks, Flatfish.

Wow, that's quite a list! I haven't even heard of most of those
collections of sounds. Sounds like some obscure collections of sounds!

It could take me weeks to go through all those collections!

I downloaded Zebralette after reading that thread. But Zebraletter has
a complex, 26-page manaul and requires a separate program to hear the
sounds and it requires all sorts of adjusttments that would take a ton
of time just of test that one collection out of the dozens listed in
the thread.

What I'm looking for is collections I can download into Garageband and
test in Garageband by playing a note or a chord on my controller. Or
better yet, to be able to hear audio clips on the manufacturers' Web
sites by pressing the play button, like I can in the Apple site for
Logic Pro clips.

Also, I'm not interested in adjusting waveforms to come up with new
sounds. I'm looking for pre-set instrument sounds that I can just
play as they are (except for maybe boosting the reverb and echo or
adjusting the arpeggiator like I can do in Garageband to get an
instrument to sound better.

Tom