Gary Rodgers

Default Bridging an amp... Circuit theory question???

"Sanitarium" wrote in message
| Hi Gurus... idiot here trying to make sense of things.
|
| I always thought that a stereo amplifier running in bridged mono mode
| inverts the mosfet output wave from one channel and couples that to the
| other channel. This is how the circuit creates more power into one
| channel.

Exactly.

| How far off base am I?? :~)
|
| Another thing. When a stereo amp is bridged mono pushing a 4 ohm load,
| Is it true or false that the amps circuit sees this a a 2 ohm load? If
| this is true, why?

Each half of the bridged amp will see a 2-ohm load, but the load itself
doesn't change. 4-ohms is 4-ohms, etc. The "bridged" amp sees the load as
it is. 4 ohms.

| Confused...
| Garrett

Don't be confused - just check my previous response for a detailed link -
scroll down the right hand side and select section 51 "Amplifier Bridging"
for all the information (and more than you'd EVER want) you'd ever need.

Gary