Posted to rec.audio.high-end
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

Default The end of R.A.H-E

Once upon a time on usenet Peter Wieck wrote:
My only quibble is that:

Yes, my choices are infinitely superior to yours - for me. As yours
are for you. If they happen to conform to each other, good. If not,
there is neither harm nor foul *unless* either of us chooses to
dictate to the other.

Sure there are things that are exceedingly difficult to measure,
possibly not at all, that do affect sound from audio sources. Not all
of them meaningful to every user. My sovereign example of this
phenomenon is the fact that some systems/speakers/amps as a group or
individually make me restless. Meaning that after some short period
of time I *must* get up and move around, or leave the room (Aside: By
that point the cats are long gone). Other do not (and the cats stay,
too). The equipment I have accumulated over the years does not make
me restless - although it would probably give some here the cold
sweats.

I might say that, as long as you're listening to music that cats like to
hear live, this is a perfectly valid metric.
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

But in any case, to me, this is all in good fun. As much as I enjoy
popping balloons, I try not to take the joy out of it in doing so.
However, those attempting to pop my balloon(s) out of malice or
self-declared expertise are entirely fair game.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA