Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default The end of R.A.H-E

My only quibble is that:

Yes, my choices are infinitely superior to yours - for me. As yours are for=
you. If they happen to conform to each other, good. If not, there is neith=
er harm nor foul *unless* either of us chooses to dictate to the other.=20

Sure there are things that are exceedingly difficult to measure, possibly n=
ot at all, that do affect sound from audio sources. Not all of them meaning=
ful to every user. My sovereign example of this phenomenon is the fact that=
some systems/speakers/amps as a group or individually make me restless. Me=
aning that after some short period of time I *must* get up and move around,=
or leave the room (Aside: By that point the cats are long gone). Other do =
not (and the cats stay, too). The equipment I have accumulated over the yea=
rs does not make me restless - although it would probably give some here th=
e cold sweats.=20

But in any case, to me, this is all in good fun. As much as I enjoy popping=
balloons, I try not to take the joy out of it in doing so. However, those =
attempting to pop my balloon(s) out of malice or self-declared expertise ar=
e entirely fair game.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA