Posted to rec.audio.pro
adam79 adam79 is offline

Default MS Recording Mics

The band I'm recording is gonna be ready this weekend, so I'm trying to
make my final decision on what mics I'll be renting. From the last post
I wrote on here, it seemed that the consensus what that I should rent
the AKG 414B-EB and 414B-ULS for the MS Recording on the Drums. Even
though they are different variants of the 414, I'll get a more balanced
tone using them instead of a Neumann UM-70S and MCA SP1, right?

I also need to rent an interface for PT since I only have a MBox 2; I
need more than 4 channels. The only PT interface the rental place has is
the ART Pro Channel. I haven't heard any real positive reviews on this
unit, but it'll have to do.

I also need to rent monitors. They have the following:
-Paradigm Mini Monitor v4
-KRK 6000
-Behringer Truth 2031A
-JBL 4401 Control
-Yamaha NS-10
-Samson Resolve 50A

The only active ones are the Behringer and Samson. The only power amp I
have is a QSC RMX that I use for my PA system. If I rent a pair that
needs to be powered, I'll have to run my PA (Mackie VLZ-PRO - QSC RMX).
Would the best way to set this up be connecting the PT interface outputs
into two of the channels on the Mackie and then hook up the Monitors to
the Mackie "Control Room" connection? Should I use the insert
connections so the signal bypasses the channel EQ? It would be way
easier to just rent one of the Active monitors, even though they aren't
as quality as the other choices.

Thanks,
-Adam