Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Fed Up Lurker Fed Up Lurker is offline

Default Can I borrow your bandsaw? (UK)

"Ian Bell" wrote in message
I have just received a prototype PCB that I need to cut accurately to size
(double Eurocard). This is well beyond my poor hack sawing skills so I am
hoping there is someone not to far from me (Holt, UK) who has a band saw or
something similar that I can use.

Help?

Cheers

Ian

Hi
The term to use in a search is PCB milling.
It's the internet and the very subject has been covered 49 million times.
This is not the group to get solutions on almost anything!
A search will bring you all the results you need. For amateur/occasional
use the most popular tool is a Dremel which can be picked up on
ebay for a tenner, or hired for day as a full table top mill for 6 quid.
If bought on ebay you can then resell it after use or use it to cut
kitchen tiles, or heart shaped holes in neighbours windows etc.
I did a brief google on Dremel PCB milling and from first page of results
am supplying these video links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Q_6-cRua4&feature=fvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jMeb...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x_oy...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urv6jArKp6M
On YouTube there are thousands more clips on the subject of PCB milling.

A Dremel is extremely versatile, apart from this subject they are
pretty nifty with mobile phones, but thats another subject not ffor usenet.

PS. PCB's can be layered, so scoring and snapping can result in cracking
with some structures, milling is the safe option.