Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Ian Iveson Ian Iveson is offline

Default Can I borrow your bandsaw? (UK)

Don Pearce wrote:

Americans make good hand tools.

There are two ways to read that....;-)

Reminded me of the quite funny pair of MotoGP commentators,
talking about nurturing new talent. "I think I'd make a good
coach". "Yeah mate...you could take your teeth out and
install seats."

If I had a one-off board, I'd use a razor saw because it's
zero risk. Otherwise I'd score, clamp to the edge of the
table, and snap, assuming there's no copper. Buying a saw
for one board isn't worth it, but they are so good for
plastic, wood and soft metal that anyone prototyping
fabrications would soon wonder how they ever managed without
one.

Ian